Let Northern Nevada Medical Group Help You Breathe Easier
The health of your lungs and respiratory tract is crucial to your overall health. NNMG Pulmonologists Aleem Surani, MD and Aaron Viray, MD specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of lung and respiratory disease. They are board certified in Pulmonary Medicine and Internal Medicine and provide advanced care for a wide range of conditions including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Lung nodules/lung cancer
- Sleep apnea
- HIV/AIDS related conditions
- Interstitial lung disease
Now accepting new patients!
To schedule an appointment, call 775-387-1616.
Sparks Medical Office Building
2385 E. Prater Way, Suite 302
Lung and Respiratory Health Tips
Doctors Surani and Viray diagnose and treat disease, but they are also dedicated to helping patients prevent disease. Consider these tips to help you stay healthy:
- No smoking! A leading cause of lung cancer and COPD, smoking narrows the airways and causes chronic inflammation.
- Exercise. Heart-pumping aerobic exercise and breathing techniques can help improve lung function.
- Avoid air pollution. This includes secondhand smoke, chemicals and poor outdoor air quality. Have your home tested for radon, too.
- Fight off infection. Be sure to frequently wash your hands, don’t forget that flu shot and practice good dental hygiene.
- Don’t skip checkups. Schedule well visits with your doctor. If you have lung or respiratory issues, you may want to see a pulmonologist.