Pulmonary Function Test
A Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) is a breathing test to evaluate your ability to move air in and out of your lungs, and how effectively oxygen enters your body. Your provider will perform a comprehensive test based on your individual needs to potentially diagnose certain types of lung disease. Patients are referred to our PFT lab by one of our pulmonologists, a primary care provider or another specialist.
Your provider may order a PFT for a variety of reasons and conditions, including:
- Asthma management
- Pre-surgical pulmonary evaluation
- Restrictive lung disorder
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a PFT or to learn more about our services, call our office at 775-387-1616.
Types of Tests Performed at NNMG Pulmonary Medicine
- Body Plethysmography for Lung Volume Assessment
- Bronchodilator Response Assessment
- Oximetry Desaturation Study
- Six-Minute Walk Test
Do I Need a Pulmonary Lung Function Test?
You may be a candidate if you:
- Often wheeze or have trouble breathing
- Experience excessive coughing for longer than two to six weeks
- Have experienced a decrease in exercise or an inability to exercise, in addition to the signs above